#1 Energy Delta Institute interactive hydrogen course 1-2 Sep 2020 (01 Sep - 02 Sep)
In this online interactive seminar of 2 modules in two subsequent days you will get a concise overview of the hydrogen value chain and learn about the latest developments, international cooperation, and funding opportunities.
Energy Delta Institute, the Netherlands, Israeli Dutch Innovation Center (IDIC), Netherlands Innovation Network, Netherlands Embassy in Israel
The course will be given free of charge
Course target audience
Israeli participants from private sector, academia and government
Email your name, affiliation, role, contact details, your motivation to join the course and topics you wish to learn about to Jochem Durenkamp (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Graduates will receive an official certificate from the Energy Delta Institute
The course is sponsored by the Netherlands Innovation Network Israel, the Netherlands Embassy in Israel, the Israeli ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Israeli Ministry of Energy
Tuesday 1st of September 2020 9.00 – 13.00 Israeli time
Hydrogen Value Chain Introduction
- 9:00-9:05 Welcome & technical instructions, Marcella Oldenhuizing, EDI
- 9:05-9:10 Welcome note Netherlands Ambassador to Israel, Hans Docter, Netherlands Ambassador to Israel
- 9:10-9:15 Sharing knowledge and developing R&D and business cooperation – the ideas behind the first hydrogen course in Israel, Dr. Racheli Kreisberg, Innovation Attaché at the Dutch Embassy in Israel
- 9:15-9:20 Introduction to the topic: Overview of the Hydrogen Value Chain, Theo Fens
- 9:20-10:00 Why hydrogen? Theo Fens, TU Delft/Deloitte
The energy transition as context for hydrogen, origin and history. Role of hydrogen in energy transition, system integration. Hydrogen characteristics and comparison to natural gas.
- 10:00-10:45 Production, transport, storage of hydrogen, the economics, Theo Fens
Production methods, the colours of hydrogen. Transport and storage options, carriers: hydrogen versus electricity. Hydrogen in natural gas grids, pure or blending?
- 10:45-11:00 Break + Q&A
- 11:00-11:45 End use of hydrogen, mobility, industry, built environment, Theo Fens
The versatility of hydrogen(H2) in end use, sector coupling. The economics in various sectors, TCO comparison. Geography, the Blue Banana in the EU as kick-starter H2 Green Deal. Including: H2 Fuelling stations: economics, safety, technicalities and supply
- 11:45-12:15 Long-term potential of hydrogen, expected developments, Theo Fens
The economics for green hydrogen production and use, scale-up. The Power-to-X concept, sector coupling, multi/energy grids. The H2 strategies, OPEX/CAPEX, global hydrogen market.
- 12:30-13:00 Q&A, Theo Fens
Wednesday 2nd of September 2020 9.00 – 13.00 Israeli time
Innovation, Developments and Opportunities in the Hydrogen sector
- 9:00-9:15 Welcome & reflection on day 1
Introduction: Innovations and developments in the Hydrogen sector, Jochem Durenkamp, EDI
- 9:15-10:00 Hydrogen in the Netherlands, Jorg Gigler, Managing Director at TKI New Gas
Netherlands National Hydrogen agenda. Ambitions, strategy and an outlook. NL regional and international cooperation.
- 10:00-10:45 H2 opportunities to fund cooperation projects between NL and Israel, Jorg Gigler
(Lighthouse) Projects in the EU. Subsidies & policies (FCH-JU, H2020). International cooperation.
- 10:45-11:00 Break + Q&A
- 11:00-11:30 Best of both worlds; Cyber Security Protection in ICS (Industrial Control Systems), especially in the Hazardous Materials Industry, Yosi Shavit, Head of ICS Cyber Security Department, Ministry of Environmental Protection
- 11:30-12:00 Presentation of Israel’s hydrogen sector, Dr. Gideon Friedman, Chief Scientist, Israeli Ministry of Energy
Fuel Cells and Hydrogen. National excellence center. International cooperation.
- 12:00-12:45 Best Practices in the Netherlands, René Schutte, Program Manager Hydrogen, Gasunie
Lighthouse projects in the Netherlands. Best practices (HyStock, H-vision, Hydrogen Valley and more). The importance of a Hydrogen Backbone.
- 12:45-13:00 Wrap up and next steps, Dr. Racheli Kreisberg and Jasper van Mastrigt, Netherlands Embassy in Israel
Virtual brokerage event on open Green Deal calls. Establishment of Dutch Israeli Hydrogen Business and R&D Forum. Cooperation opportunities for academia, industry, and government.